Thank you for your interest in Council Oak Montessori School. We understand you have many options when it comes to choosing an environment for your child to learn and grow in. For nearly 30 years, we have been providing Montessori education to children on the far south side of Chicago and neighboring communities. As an authentic Montessori school, we believe that a child-initiated, self-direct approach is better than the adult-led, group approach for the following reasons:
- Autonomy fosters engagement, and ignites the spark within;
- Freedom and responsibility encourage the development of critical executive function skills; and
- Real learning and doing things yourself is fun – but it takes time and doesn’t conform to adult-imposed schedules.
As a team of forward-thinking educators, we are committed to guiding the next generation of innovative and creative thinkers. We believe that confidence is integrated into our curriculum and is the foundation of what we do. Our educators foster each student’s natural curiosities and inclination to learn which provides an environment for discovering his or her own potential within.
Council Oak Offers a Superior Learning Environment for Children Ages 3-6 years.
- Highly qualified teachers (bachelor’s degrees + AMS/AMI Certification)
- Multi-age classroom communities
- 3 years with one teacher = strong relationships and trust
- A scientifically designed preschool curriculum
- Beautifully prepared environments
- Uninterrupted, child-led time to explore
Our children learn more and grow into mature, socially skilled young people. They are more than prepared for elementary school!
- Practice skills for independence
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Grace & Courtesy (social skills)
- Leadership skills
- Reading, writing and arithmetic in preschool
- Joyful learners who can’t wait to go to preschool
Contact Council Oak Montessori School Today
We invite you to contact us at (708) 926-9720 to schedule a visit to experience what makes Council Oak one-of-a-kind. We’d love to show you around!